Continuous Improvement Manager
A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for Continuous Improvement Manager in the Woodbridge/Vaughan area. Reporting to the Director of Operations, as the lean manufacturing lead, you will work with the company leadership to provide direction to implement and lead best practice deployment strategies to allocate resources, lead projects and improvements as assigned to research, value stream map, and use six sigma / lean tools to design and deploy process improvements.
- Create and document updated operating procedures across the business
- Lead and work with various teams on improving overall throughput, reducing scrap and waste, analyzing manufacturing and transactional productivity.
- Manage day-to-day task level portions of projects, Project Management, Cost and Variance Analysis, Financial Analysis and Process Capability and Variability Analysis.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization regarding continuous improvement opportunities, activities and improvements. Work with teams within the company, division and suppliers.
- Manage the QMS of the company
- Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial manufacturing operations.
- Six Sigma (Black Belt/Green Belt) certification.
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Project Management experience desired.
- Metals manufacturing job shop environment in a fabrication and/or machine shop experience is an asset.
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving skills desired.
JP Recruitment Ltd. specialize in technical positions in the engineering & manufacturing sector across Canada. For a list of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca.