A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Branch Manager in the GTA. Reporting to the Director of Customer Service. The right candidate will have direct supervision of hourly and staff employees and manage the day-to-day office operations (staff scheduling, work-flow, etc.) and make adjustments to accommodate a fluctuating work load as necessary.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Manage day-to-day office operations
- Provide continuous training, coaching and feedback to employees in order to maintain the highest service standards.
- Develop and implement best practices to support company initiatives and hit budget related goals.
- Provide timely communication to the company’s distributors, sales team and end product-users.
- Ensure local compliance to company policies and procedures.
- Be an active participant in the company’s quality initiatives.
- Foster a continuous improvement environment through the use of lean tools and practices to drive productivity and reduce costs.
- Produce weekly reports containing key performance indicators to various levels of management.
- Coordinate with other Branch Managers and Field Service Mangers to achieve departmental goals.
- Demonstrate a daily commitment to “living” the company’s values.
- Personnel Management
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to define problems, gather data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts to maintain business relationships.
- Ability to negotiate win-win outcomes to complex problems.
- Keen analytical and technical skills.
- Extensive knowledge and documented experience utilizing lean tools and practices.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Communications, or related field.
- 5+ years of customer service experience with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory/management position.
- Building Industry experience preferred but not required.
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level positions in the engineering & manufacturing sector across Canada. For a listing of more roles, visit www.jprecruitment.ca.