Health, Safety & Continuous Improvement Manager
A market leader in the rental services industry is lookingfor a Health, Safety and Continuous Improvement (HSC) Manager in the GTA. The role will be responsible for building, enhancing and implementing health, safety and wellness programs, policies and procedures for the company. The HSC Manager will drive initiatives across the organization by inspiring and fostering a culture of prevention, continuous improvement, best in class health, safety and wellness standards and accident prevention. The HSC Manager will take the lead in all incident and accident prevention, investigation, analysis, return to work programs and will ensure audit compliance standards are met with an ultimate goal of zero lost-time accidents. The ideal candidate will bring passion, drive and energy to the field of health and safety with the mandate of building a recognized best in class program that is fully embraced by all the company's employees, customers and key stakeholders.
- Lead by demonstrating the required behaviours, attitudes and mindset to develop a strong corporate safety culture and to position the company for continued, sustainable growth;
- Set and communicate goals, direction and priorities in the development of a comprehensive safety management program;
- Drive the operational implementation of HSC practices to ensure the safety and well-being of the company employees;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with industry associations, regulators and key stakeholders; and
- Collaborate with internal leaders and operational employees across the organization to assess and control hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Research and forecast emerging HSC issues and drivers that impact locations across the Company;
- Develop and promote “safe and early” return to work strategies.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment and practices in order to ensure compliance of safety standards and government regulations;
- Lead incident and accident prevention, investigation and analysis and conduct thorough investigations into major incidents to determine cause and recommended action for prevention.
- Continuously seek opportunities for continuous improvement to the HSC program and quickly take steps to implement or adapt the appropriate changes or enhancements with the end goal of having a highly credible and respected HSC program in the industry;
- Implement and offer ongoing HSC training and educational programs as part of the culture of the organization;
- Adheres to and promotes all Company Safety Policies
- Minimum 5 years related Health & Safety experience. This includes:
- Proven ability to interpret, evaluate and apply regulations, policies and procedures to a wide variety of work situations.
- Able to implement and manage return to work initiatives.
- Understanding of industry trends, Health, Safety and Wellness best practices.
- Experience working on WSIB/WCB files.
- The ideal candidate with have continuous improvement experience (i.e. Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, etc.) and ability to implement these programs.
- Post-secondary education and Health & Safety Certification preferred.
- Knows and understands the Industrial and Construction Occupational Health and Safety Acts.
- Experience in rental services, construction or manufacturing environments preferred
JP Recruitment specialize in technical roles in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca.