A market leader in the industrial manufacturing industry is looking for a Demand Planner in the GTA. This person must have experience in a lean manufacturing environment and will be covering the business across in all facilities across Canada.
• Responsible for the forecasting and planning process (S&OP) for Canada.
• Act as the conduit between sales, operations, and distribution teams across the country.
• Developing a complete demand forecast and plan in units and channel pricing.
• Generating statistical modelling to provide a baseline unit forecast.
• Working with the Channel teams and BU leadership to understand and incorporate business wins/losses, product extensions, and market changes within the demand plan
• Identifying sources of forecast inaccuracy and developing and implementing action plans to close gaps.
• Lead initiatives to improve forecasting process in coordination with NAM S&OP approach.
• Participate and provide input to the financial budgeting process.
• Leadership through influencing – working with Sales, PLM, Manufacturing, Finance, and Executive teams to drive S&OP cadence and process discipline.
• Other duties as assigned
• University degree or College diploma
• SCMP designation or active pursuit thereof.
• 3-5 Years of related experience in demand planning in an S&OP environment.
• Experience planning and forecasting sales volume and incorporating market trends.
• Comparable experience planning production and manufacturing capacity will be considered.
• Use of Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (i.e. Pivot Tables, vlookups, complex formulas, use of macros)
• Ability to manage large volumes of data and analysis simultaneously
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Review of statistical output and correction as needed
• Cadence and schedule management.
JP Recruitment is a technical recruitment firm specializing in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca.