A market leader in the industrial manufacturing industry in looking for a Plant Manager in the GTA. The role will be responsible for providing strategic direction to the facility, as well as ensuring day to day execution in safety, quality, delivery, costs and productivity within the operations of the plant. Essential functions of the role include but are not limited to: Provide leadership, direction and manage all Plant operations including manufacturing, operational excellence, finance, supply chain, manufacturing engineering, quality, EHS and human resources.
- Drives operational margins, customer satisfaction, safety, cost of quality, inventory, productivity, organizational development and other operational metrics of the facility.
- Review, maintain, control, implement corrective action and regularly report on the financial progress of the plant to maintain profit plan expectations and insure incremental/ decremental performance.
- Provide leadership to ensure the facility is utilizing lean manufacturing techniques, and driving compliance with the continuous improvement framework to optimize operational efficiency.
- Develop and implement suitable short and long range plans to obtain assigned Plant and company objectives such as the profit plan, strategic plan, human resource organizational capability plan and forecasts based on customer expectations, and committing to achieving established targets.
- Coordinate and direct through subordinate managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to manufacturing, asset utilizaton, inventory control, facilities control, building lay-out and construction, maintenance, manufacturing projects and studies, cost control, manpower utilization, work standards and administration.
- Direct responsiblilty to develop and achieve the annual business plan.
- Foster an environment of employee engagement, teaming and positive employee relations.
- Ensure company policies, practices and initiatives are implemented and followed.
- Ensure compliance with all government, financial, environmental and labor regulations is required.
- Represent company with local organizations and community service activities.
- Serves as a key business partner and decision marker in the Divison.
- Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years direct leadership experience
- Proven track record of building organizational capability and commitment to employee development.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, strategic planning and organizational skills.
- Financial and business acumen
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing, continuous improvement, and Six Sigma concepts
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP requirements and order generation process logic
- Working knowledge of safety and EHS procedures
- Experience in Tier-1 Automotive an asset
- Must be able travel up 25% domestically
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certified
JP Recruitment specializes in technical roles in the engineering & manufacturing space across Canada. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca.