A market leader large scale power projects is looking for a Project Director in Calgary, Alberta. The Project Director, reports directly to the Vice President, Operations and is a member of the operations team. This individual will work closely with peers and other functional leaders within the company.
- Provide total project management effort including project schedule development; participation in construction planning and design; resolution of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc.
- Develop and oversee the 3CPP Project Management Office, its structure and fit-for-purpose work processes as per company’s overall business and project execution strategy.
- Lead the project execution team on the 3CPP in development and construction
- Ensure activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall project budget and schedule.
- Interface with all engineering disciplines, suppliers, consultants, etc., as required in the establishment of project schedules and resolving schedule problems.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work control and reporting documents.
- Comply with and follow project engineering procedures and other work control and reporting documents.
- Represent company or project team during bid process, project scope development, client meetings and project management meetings.
- Interface with internal and external personnel necessary to review constructability of design with the goal of meeting quality, cost and schedule commitments.
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering Discipline, preferably Mechanical with a P.Eng designation and 5-12 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in large-scale power projects (400 MW plus), in either simple cycle or combined cycle configurations.
- Experience as a lead engineer or group leader on complex, multi-discipline engineering or EPC power projects
- Direct experience with plant operations in both simple cycle and cogeneration configurations.
- Must be familiar with applicable codes, standards, safety, and acceptable industry practices, etc.
- Familiar with maintenance management programs.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be capable of interacting with peers, project managers, site managers and clients.
- Must have a proven track record of accomplishment project and operations of industrial/power projects and be capable of working and/or leading in a team of engineers, designers and support personnel
- Possess working knowledge of scheduling techniques utilizing Microsoft Project, Primavera P3 and/or Expedition project management software
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the engineering & manufacturing space across Canada. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca.