A market leader in the industrial manufacturing industry is looking for an Intermediate Buyer in Woodbridge. This position is an integral part of the team and reports to the Plant Manager. The buyer will communicate with internal departments and external vendors to ensure on-time delivery and manage inventory in accordance with lean manufacturing principles. Preference will be given to those individuals with previous experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous experience in inventory control and MRP planning systems is considered an asset.
- Provide excellent service to internal customers, enabling operational excellence
- Creation of Purchase Orders for material and services within Corporate Purchasing Procedures
- Monitor Open PO reports and expedite when appropriate
- Manage safety stock levels
- Develop and maintain business relationships with customers, suppliers and business associates
- Execute supplier ratings
- Assist in RFP process
- Analyze cost reduction opportunities and provide recommendations
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed with all required information for the purposes of obtaining approvals and recording and reporting business
- Participate in training opportunities as per annual development plans
- Participate in cross training opportunities throughout the department
- Support Lean initiatives
- Manage all plant inventory and initiate requisitions as required.
- Participate in weekly and daily production meetings to ensure material issues are addressed.
- Work closely with manufacturing team to proactively identify and address material deficiencies.
- Communicate with customers as require
- Ambition, self-motivation, eagerness to learn, positive attitude and a commitment to continuous improvement
- An ability to work in a team environment with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software – ability to create basic spreadsheets and macros an asset
- Level 1 SMT would be considered an asset
- Intermediate understanding of purchasing procedures
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in a purchasing role
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level positions across Ontario. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca.