A market leading industrial manufacturing company is looking for a Plant Manager with strong lean manufacturing leadership in the GTA. This person is responsible for supervision and coordination of the activities of employees engaged in the Plant.
· Responsible for coordinating plant operations, policies and procedures
· Focus on continuous improvement for the facility, leading edge techniques and processes
· Oversee the quality control, maintenance and safety of the plant
· Responsible for the creation of the production schedules, succession planning and direct reports performance reviews
· Establish and track the plant’s production goals, monitor expenses related to plant maintenance and spending budgets
· Direct plant and production goals
· Consolidate manufacturing and quality activities into a seamless and easily auditable system
· Responsible for training and development
· A university degree or college diploma in engineering, manufacturing, or a related discipline.
· MBA an asset.
· Certification in lean six sigma an asset.
· At least 5 years of tier-1 automotive experience, including supervision, an asset.
· Ability to make decisions about suggestions for change. Respond to customer complaints. Make decisions about hiring and firing staff.
· Ability to produce and interpret charts and pie graphs showing, for example, marketing summaries or percentage comparisons. Complete legal forms for the facility. Read minutes of meetings in order to keep up-to-date and to plan
· Ability to compare budgets to actual expenditures and make financial projections.
· Ability to work independently and participate in a team setting. Participate in group discussions on methods for improving work processes or product quality and the allocation of work responsibilities and goals. Meet with: department heads and supervisors (daily); committee members who discuss operations, policies and procedures (when necessary); staff (periodically).
· Ability to use various computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to track expenses and run projections.
· Engage in ongoing learning through participation in professional organizations, seminars, formal courses, conferences and trade shows. Upgrade skills by attending conferences and networking functions, by liaising with industry associations, and by taking management classes through educational institutions.
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level roles in the engineering & manufacturing space across Ontario. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca.