Quality & Operational Excellence Manager
A market leader in the construction services industry is looking for a Quality & Operational Excellence (QOE) Manager in the GTA. The role is responsible for the day to day quality of the tools and equipment that we rent by implementing and leading process improvement initiatives to help transform operations. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the QOE Manager is expected to leverage their deep understanding of process improvement methodologies (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management) to help build and foster a culture of Operational Excellence across the organization. This role will work extensively with Mechanics and Technicians who service our General Tools, Construction Equipment and Heaters to support them in finding ways to improve productivity, reduce waste/rework and continue to ensure optimal quality for our customers.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
Quality & Operational Excellence:
- Identify, coordinate, lead, and ensure completion of Quality and OE improvement initiatives within the organization.
- Conducts Quality inspections and addresses any concerns.
- Support and develop robust business cases to support key OE initiatives across the company.
- Ownership of monthly reporting dashboards and presentations.
- Support harmonization of metrics initiatives and develop new KPIs to ensure continuous improvement in the organization.
- Support and perform specific analysis related to OE projects (e.g. benefits/ risks) and inform stakeholders and communicate requirements.
- Ensure implementation of Quality and OE initiatives across the company by defining a carry out plan with the key stakeholders.
- Utilizes creative and strategic thinking to develop programs and initiatives to maximize results.
Project Portfolio & Project Management:
- Define new projects for OE as well as establish and maintain full visibility of project resources and progress.
- Create and maintain an OE database/system and related project administration.
- Present information, analytics and recommendations to management and stakeholders.
- Seek and advise for solutions to complex problems during project management execution.
- Maintain the project roadmap and associated templates and standards.
- Supports the Operations budget and authorizes all appropriate expenditures and invoices.
- Demonstrates initiative and motivates staff to ensure targets are met and that customers have an outstanding Stephenson’s experience.
- Addresses employee and customer concerns and maximizes their engagement.
- Provides excellent written and verbal communications to staff, peers, senior management and customers. This includes fostering and environment of open and professional communication by listening and actioning all requests.
- Ensures compliance of policies and all relevant government legislation.
- Adheres to all Company safety standards and any customer’s safety standards.
- Use of personal protective equipment as required by the Company is mandatory.
- Reports any workplace hazards and helps to eliminate them.
- Helps promote safety to all Staff, Customers, Suppliers and Contractors.
- Understands their role with respect to Health and Safety (refer to the employee guidelines of health and safety).
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering preferred) and 5 years of directly related experience.
- High competence in lean manufacturing/six sigma concept/ methodology, tools and analysis.
- Must have mechanical background, ideally in equipment repair or similar environment.
- Minimum accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably Black Belt
- Strategic and tactical thinking.
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have valid G Class Provincial Driver’s License with a clean abstract.
- Experience with Health and Safety training is an asset (i.e. WHMIS, etc.).
- Must be proficient with Excel (i.e. intermediate or advanced level) and have experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Project, PowerPoint).
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.