Operational Excellence Manager
To support its growth, our is hiring an Operational Excellence Manager. This position will report directly to the Director of Operations. This is the key go to role in the organization to advise how potential and existing customers can best implement and use the company product to better manage their manufacturing operation and drive performance improvement. The role will be the manufacturing technical expert in the organization supporting Customer Success teams, Sales and external resell Partners.
The position will consider customers’ processes, operations objectives and available data sources to understand the customers’ unique manufacturing challenges and develop and recommend the best approach to serve the customer and drive value.
The role will also lead the compilation of company’s How-to Playbook and be a key participant in establishing company’s product development priorities.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Identify, coordinate, lead, and ensure completion OE improvement initiatives within the organization
- Support and develop robust business cases to support key OE initiatives across the company.
Ownership of monthly reporting dashboards and presentations
- Support harmonization of metrics initiatives and develop new KPIs to ensure continuous improvement in the plant and owner of OE metrics
- Support and perform specific analysis related to OE projects (e.g. benefits/ risks) and inform stakeholders and communicate requirements
- Ensure implementation of OE initiatives across the company by defining a carry out plan with the key stakeholders
- Ensure strategy is implemented and tracked through the year
- Track status and completion of strategic goals
Project Portfolio & Project Management
- Define new projects for OE as well as establish and maintain full visibility of project resources and progress
- Create and maintain an OE database/system and related project administration
- Present information, analytics and recommendations to management and stakeholders
- Seek and advise for solutions to complex problems during project management execution
- Maintain the project roadmap and associated templates and standards
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of directly related experience
- High competence in lean manufacturing/six sigma concept/methodology, tools and analysis
- Experience in operations management an asset
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Management
- Experience in more than one industry an asset
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word proficiency along with MS Project and MS Visio
- Knowledge of analyses and reporting techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strategic & tactical thinking
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- 3+ years experience in a lean manufacturing environment
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level management careers within the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.