Our client is a leader in the manufacturing sector and is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Ottawa area. This position applies technical knowledge and expertise in the development and implementation of new and improved manufacturing processes, procedures and equipment. Ensures that the design specifications and procurement of manufacturing equipment, tooling, fixtures etc. meet company requirements and objectives. Promote and support production and culture, methods and activities across the plant.
The Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Director of Operations and works independently and interdependently within various interdepartmental teams and customers.
· Assume ownership for safety, quality, delivery and cost metrics of the orthopedic milling team on a multi-shift operation.
· Provide leadership and motivation to the workforce.
· Ensure that personnel are productive and properly trained in machine operation, maintenance, operating procedures and safety.
· Address continual process improvements in quality, production, safety, maintenance, and training procedures.
· Ensure that personnel adhere to all quality procedures. Work with engineering and quality personnel in developing inspection procedures, paperwork.
· Proactively trouble- shoots problem areas.
· Monitor employee attendance and adherence to the schedule; take disciplinary action as needed.
· Support and drive continuous improvement efforts.
· Provide customers with accurate information on delivery and manufacturing concerns or questions.
· Assist in quoting components and assure company margins are maintained.
· Ensure that all personnel keep their work area clean and maintained.
· Schedule and maintain production workload and manage staffing levels appropriately.
· Read/follow all pertinent work instruction and company policies.
· Degree in engineering
· 3yrs experience in a lean manufacturing environment
· Operating metrics, cost structures, profitability models
· Certification in Lean Six Sigma an asset
· Project management skills
· Manufacturing concepts and principles
· Production layout/design/method
· Operational excellence, lean manufacturing– continuous improvement, visual management & standard work
JP Recruitment Ltd. specialize in technical recruitment in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For more careers listings or more information, please visit us at www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.