Our client is a kitchen/vanity manufacturer with over 50 years as a respected manufacturer. They are looking for a Production Manager in the GTA. The position reports to the General Manager and the role interacts with the GM for day-to-day direction, training and achieving production targets while ensuring safety, quality and productivity of departments. They manufacture kitchens, vanities and laminate countertops.
The right candidate in this position will have very strong leadership skills and a hands-on approach to bring the best out of their team. Must be able to lead a production team in meeting production targets, as well as assuring the proper functioning of the production process and the team. Oversee and schedule daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and standard operating procedures are followed. Optimal planning and performance of the day to day operations are essential.
· Responsible to build the manufacturing team (relationships, strength and competence).
· Responsible for shipping, maintenance and production.
· Responsible for the manufacturing/production targets: 100% complete, correct and on time
· Maintain manufacturing material and supplies to meet requirements and budget
· Commitment to Return to Work Programs - no lost time injuries
· Working knowledge of 5s
· Ability to Supervise 80-120 people
· Ability to initiate effective corrective action on any performance problems with manufacturing
· Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations
· Maintain production and maintain and/or exceed current quality standards
· Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
· Commit to company safety procedures, manage health and safety compliance
· Address employees’ issues, concerns and/or complaints
· Hold regular production meetings to communicate production initiatives
· Monthly and long-term planning must always be kept updated and communicated to the other members of the management team
· Leading, coaching, supporting, motivating, recognizing and supervising employees in their work by going around the department many times per day and dealing with people issues and/or bringing up any significant issues to the immediate attention to the General Manager and/or Human Resources
· Performing other duties as assigned
· Minimum 5 years manufacturing/production management
· Industrial Engineering degree an asset
· Kitchen/vanity manufacturing experience
· Proven work experience as a production manager
· Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
· Experience in managing seasonal production peaks would be a major asset.
· Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, inventory processes
· Computer literacy a must, knowledge and use of Microsoft Office
· Able to read work order drawings, AutoCAD knowledge an asset
· Ability to create accountability and lead by example
· Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills(communicating, motivating)
· Strong time management skills and problem solving abilities
· Strong leadership skills, (planning, vision, setting pace, instilling accountability)
The typical working conditions of this job include:
· Working in manufacturing environment (Noise, temperature variations, powered equipment, etc.)
· Working with continuous deadlines, multiple demands, and interruptions
· Wearing required personal protective equipment (Safety Glasses, steel toe footwear and hearing protection)
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level careers in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.