Design Engineering Manager
A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Design Engineering Manager in the GTA. Reporting to the Director of Operations this position will provide leadership and direction to the Engineering Department.
· Provides engineering and maintenance support for production, process and tooling related issues;
· Determines root causes for equipment downtime and reduces downtime occurrences;
· Develops, implements and maintains plant preventive maintenance program for equipment, tooling and fixtures;
· Works closely with production, quality, tooling and maintenance groups to prevent manufacturing problems with materials, products and tools/fixtures;
· Ensures all manufacturing safety and environmental regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times;
· Assists in developing plant layout plans and rearrangement of equipment for improved workflow and better utilization of space;
· Coordinates design and delivery of new equipment including fixtures, tooling and material handling equipment;
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
· Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
· P.Eng is an asset;
· 5yrs experience in AutoCAD;
· Experience in a variety of PLC platforms (Schneider, Horner, GE Fanuc, Allen Bradley, Omron, etc.);
· Technical training or apprenticeship desired;
· Minimum of five years in a technical management role;
· Experience in fabrication, hydraulics, pumps, water or construction;
· 10 years of experience in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry;
· Experience in launching new products.
· Project management skills;
· Knowledge of NEC, UL, CSA, and IEC compliance
· Problem solving and analytical skills;
· Computer and spreadsheet proficiency;
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
JP Recruitment Ltd. specialize in technical roles in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Ontario. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.