Technical Sales Engineer
- market leader in the HVAC industry is looking for a Technical Sales Engineer in the GTA. The Sales Engineer is responsible for the successful sale and support of the company’s commercial HVC components. The right candidate will build strong relationships with the company’s Customers/Partners, the specialized community of Control Contractors and Control Distributors. The Sales Engineer reports to the President & CEO and bears full responsibility for agreed upon goals and objectives.
- Maintain and grow existing repeat business through outstanding service, relationship building, product knowledge, and application knowledge.
- Develop and drive new business utilizing “pull through” sales efforts with End-Users, Consulting Engineers and other non-purchasing accounts for the purpose of creating specifications and demand for company products.
- Demonstrate a value added approach to the sales/support cycle by utilizing market knowledge and planning tools.
- Work closely with Product Management and R&D to develop innovative customer solutions and be “first to market” on new business opportunities.
- Develop a proactive response to customer needs and business priorities utilizing company resources and operating in a time efficient and organized manner.
- Prepare and conduct effective sales presentations, company University Programs and Lunch & Learns to customers and respond appropriately to product application questions.
- Become a trusted advisor and solution provider to our customer by demonstrating knowledge of products, product applications and systems including: valves, actuators, dampers, retrofits, mechanical systems, control systems and wiring considerations.
- Effectively utilize sales tools including: BEST, BW, Select Pro, etc.
- Work on special committees and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 Years proven track record in a similar sales position
- Experience in HVAC or related technical field.
- Strong organizational, inter-personal, and negotiation skills are required
- Strong communications and presentation skills are a must.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem solving ability.
- Self-starting personality is required to efficiently structure work schedule and work independently from a home office.
- MS Excel, MS Word, and other basic computer skills are necessary to complete the sales reporting requirements and manage a home office.
- Travel requirement of position is approximately 50%
JP Recruitment specialize in technical recruitment in the engineering & manufacturing space across Canada. For a listing of more engineering jobs, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.