VP of Operations
A market leader in the construction services industry is looking for a Vice President of Operations in the GTA. Due to ongoing successful and growth we are seeking an individual who will lead and be accountable for the continued growth and successful management of the facilities globally. Reporting to the President, this role will be crucial in identifying, developing and directing the implementation of the company strategy.
- Delivery of the financial performance of the business unit by ensuring that cost, risk and quality is managed to plan
- Encouraging new business growth and supporting the development of technological, manufacturing and people capability to effectively and confidently undertake a wider portfolio of projects than is currently the case
- Confirming the validity of bid assumptions (technical, program and budget)
- Providing leadership and inspiration to the company leadership team, ensuring clarity of direction and motivation whilst developing their capability and a pipeline of talent for succession
- Advocating and promoting employee engagement and effective communication throughout the company
- Ensuring that the various facilities adhere to company governance processes and fully leverages the support from matrix functional teams
- Ensuring the safety and quality standards are adhered to
- This is a great opportunity for an ambitious professional to gain visibility within growing organization.
- A degree (or equivalent) in an engineering-based discipline
- MBA an asset
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Experience overseeing multiple facilities
- Previously held P& L responsibility for an engineering and manufacturing operation delivering products within a safety critical industry
- The ability to understand complex projects and improve manufacturing through innovative ways of working in addition to the investment in new equipment
- A proven track record in delivering a “true cost” organization and responsible for all aspects of the business
- Passion, drive with great people management skills, alongside clearly identifiable personal values that match our corporate values and local culture.
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level careers in the engineering & manufacturing industry right across Canada. For a listing of more roles, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.