Maintenance Supervisor - Electrical
A market leader in the packaging industry requires an experienced Maintenance Supervisor (Electrical) in a leadership position responsible for managing labour requirements, troubleshooting and maintenance (preventative, predictive and proactive) of equipment, machinery and facilities. This position oversees the maintenance tradesmen with a strong emphasis on safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Planning work priorities, troubleshooting, break-downs for the shift.
- Ensuring the direction received from the Maintenance Superintendent/Manager is followed. Ensuring the availability, capability and development of competent technical and operational manpower.
- Understanding and interpreting applicable acts and regulations as it applies to the maintenance and services departments.
- Ability to facilitate the development, implementation and continuous improvement of our standard operating procedures by educating, training, monitoring, and proactively coaching the maintenance team.
- Identify potential risks for the prevention of accidents, completing safety /housekeeping inspections, and resolving safety issues.
- Managing outside trades/contractors performing jobs at MSS.
- Ensure mutual collaboration with all MSS personnel.
- Other tasks received from Maintenance Superintendent or Engineering Manager
- Assist in weekly workplace inspections, including the completion of work orders and related actions to correct substandard conditions and behaviors;
- Perform daily inspections of the work area and document the existence of any hazards and initiate required corrective actions;
- Advise employees of the existence of any potential or actual hazards to their health & safety in the workplace of which you are aware;
- Communicate to employees the importance of adherence to established health & safety policies and procedures through safety talks, departmental meetings and/or work center briefings;
- Communicate and enforce all company health & safety policies, practices and rules, and readily correct unsafe conditions or behaviors of which you become aware, and initiate disciplinary action when required;
- Adhere to and follow all company health & safety policies, practices and rules for the workplace;
- Investigate workplace accidents/incidents of which you are aware and/or within the work area(s) under your responsibility, which may include but is not limited to conducting interviews with employees, investigating the incident scene, preparing incident investigation reports, and implementing corrective actions.
- In the event of a critical injury, ensure the operations manager is notified immediately and a worker representative of the Joint Health & Safety Committee is notified to assist with the investigation;
- Support employees impaired through injury or illness to safely return to work (Return to Work program) in conjunction with the HSE Coordinator;
- Issue safety tickets when infractions are evident.
- 5yrs experience in a leadership position at the Maintenance Supervisor level combined with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and team building skills.
- Over 10 yrs. experience as a Journeyman: Industrial Electrician/Millwright.
- Proven experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, Siemens/Moore DCS, AC and DC drive systems and Autocad
- Robotics (Motoman, Fanuc) and automation experience.
- Proven ability in safety management, leadership, employee coaching and development. Experience with spare parts management and purchasing (MP2 and SAP).
- Excellent technical hands-on skills accompanied with in-deep working knowledge of an industrial environment standards and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize of maintenance (shift) tasks, work orders, optimum downtime windows, and necessary lead times.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to encourage and influence behavior and decision making. Ability to multitask, work under pressure and work flexible hours when required.
- Ability to work flexible hours to ensure weekly OT and weekends (Saturday, Sunday and/or statutory holidays) when required, to sustain production, projects, repairs and PM’s.
JP Recruitment specialize in technical careers in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #maintenancesupervisor #maintenancejobs #jprecruitment