A market leader in the mining equipment industry is looking for a Reliability Engineer in the Timmins, ON. Reporting to the Site Supervisor, this position will work with mining maintenance & operations teams both at our customer sites and internally to drive safe, cost effective solutions to drive maximum availability of mining equipment. Leveraging field knowledge and implementation of the latest available technology, this role focuses on reducing annual mining costs per tonne for the mines in the territory.
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support of company’s and the mine owner’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Analyze and evaluate customer maintenance costs versus performance benchmarks
- Provide recommendations to reduce operating cost of our customer's equipment
- Monitor and adjust recommended component replacement and change out periods based on condition monitoring, maintenance practices, SOS results and machine applications
- Identify, jointly develop and complete cost reduction initiatives between the company and the end user, in partnership with corporate.
- Monitor product issues, document machine modifications and ensure compliance with Customer and Government Laws and Regulations, as well as develop operator and maintenance training programs, in collaboration with the Mining Technical Communicator
- Post Secondary Education with a technical focus or an applicable Technician Licence (Heavy Equipment/Truck)
- Highly safety conscious
- Mechanical expertise with knowledge of basic equipment systems and the underground mining process
- Solid understanding of equipment component life cycles and condition monitoring techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with all levels and cross functional groups
- Process improvement mindset with strong negotiation, analytical and organizational skills
- Customer centric and self-motivated with high attention to detail
- Adaptable to constantly changing priorities and schedules in a high pressure, deadline driven environment
- Computer literate with proficiencies in Word, PowerPoint and Excel, SIS and DBS
- Willing and able to travel to customer remote sites with regularity.
- A valid Driver's Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
- Mining experience in a service setting is an asset.
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.