Production Supervisor - Afternoon Shift
A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Production Supervisor for their afternoon shift in their manufacturing facility. If you thrive on new challenges, pushing yourself to new heights and working in a team-driven environment, you should consider the following opportunity. The position is an exciting new opportunity and they are looking for an individual who is technically inclined, energetic, enthusiastic, productive and can handle multiple priorities in a timely manner with a high level of accuracy.
- Oversee the performance of processes and employees in our Production facility.
- Manage orders and ensure all needed materials are on-hand by working closely with the purchasing team.
- Troubleshoot production issues with support from senior operators and the Production Specialist.
- Work with senior operators to develop an in-depth knowledge of the product line, utilizing documentation to capture critical-to-process information.
- Become a product expert.
- Implement and champion Lean initiatives.
- Coach and collaborate with team members to ensure high-quality product is built in a safe, cost-effective, timely manner.
- Ensure department compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Hold regular meetings and prepare reports outlining daily/weekly/monthly scheduling plans.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on the off-shift.
- Previously worked in a manufacturing environment with a mandate for Safety and Quality.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Building materials experience an asset.
- Willingness and ability to learn technical requirements of a highly-customizable product.
- 5 to 10 years of management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Aptitude for reading blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to effect and champion change.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing concepts is an asset.
JP Recruitment specialize in technical roles in the engineering & manufacturing sector across Canada. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.