Process Engineer - Mechatronics
A market leader in the tier-1 automotive industry is looking for a Process Engineer in the GTA. They will be responsible for identifying, developing, managing, and executing continuous improvement strategies in manufacturing as well as other functions across the organization.
· Work collaboratively with the team to spread Lean Thinking across the organization through a combination of training, supporting, and discussing process improvement initiatives.
· Ensure the systematic roll-out of operational improvement initiatives, supporting the divisional effort to build on the existing processes and working with operational leaders and cross functional teams to initiate and deliver new improvement initiatives
· Actively lead and coach cross-functional project teams in the application of Lean, Six Sigma, other process improvement, process design, project and change management best practices. These include but are not limited to; Process and Value Stream maps, Standard Work and Task Concepts, Cause Effect Diagrams and 5 Y's.
· Provide project status updates, feedback and appropriate reporting on selected projects
· Train and coach Process Owners, Champions, Process Improvement Teams in the use of process improvement tools and LEAN methodology to ensure timely completion of projects with expected internal and external customer results
· Identify and share internal and external best practices across multiple sites/locations
Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· Experience in tier-1 automotive
· Experience in Operational/Team Leadership, Process Improvement and Change Leadership
· Experience in mechatronics and/or Labview is a must
· Demonstrated experience successfully leading a transformational activity within a Manufacturing Operations environment
· Training or Certification in PMP, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma, Manufacturing systems and Control (i.e. Kanban, Process Control; Control Plan) Problem Solving DOE; Variation reduction; etc.), are desirable
· Proven Leadership of successful implementation and application of Lean Manufacturing (TPS or similar), Operational; Excellence, and Variation Reduction ( Statistical Tools; Six Sigma Methodology)
· Affiliation with CI/ Lean/Quality/ Engineering organizations (AME,ASQ,SME, etc.)
JP Recruitment specialize in technical roles in the engineering & manufacturing space across Ontario. For a list of careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca.