A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Production Scheduler in Oshawa, ON. This is your chance to work for a forward-thinking company that puts employees first. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are looking to take on a little more responsibility and join a growing team. This person will report to the Production Manager and will have experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Schedule all machines in the plant: What runs and for how long, part changeovers, preventive maintenance activities
- Print, collect and process job sheets
- Schedule the machine operators, quality inspectors and packagers daily tasks and work with them on any last-minute changes or priorities
- Schedule all part movement within the plant: what machine they run on when they go to secondary operations when they go to outside service when they are ready to be packaged when they are ready to ship
- Follow up on schedule to ensure targets are being met; make contingency plans for plant and employee workload as necessary and contact the customer as appropriate
- Work with Maintenance, Quality, Engineering whenever there is a deviation from the schedule to come up with the best possible options
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing
- Minimum 3 years experience scheduling
- Minimum 1-year experience supervising
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Work well in a team
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level roles in the engineering & manufacturing sector across Canada. For a listing of more jobs, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.