Our client is a market leader in the building materials sector is looking for a Production Manager in Concord, ON. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the right candidate will review all aspects of departmental performance with respect to budget financial plan, plant operating goals and develop continuous improvements plans.
· Ensure production schedules and quality requirements are met
· Handle collective agreement issues as applicable including grievance matters.
· Review all aspects of departmental performance with respect to budget, finance plan, plant operating goals, and develop continuous improvement plans.
· Introduce team-based manufacturing concepts to production employees.
· Member of Management Team responsible for planning, budgeting and implementing the company’s Production System.
· Responsible for implementation of safe work practices.
· Will be responsible for key elements in the safety leadership program.
· Responsible for prudent management of departmental budget including budget preparation and cost control.
· Lead CI initiatives
· Play an essential role in health & safety and quality audit process.
· Degree or diploma in Engineering, Operations or Manufacturing.
· 5+ years experience related to production management.
· Certification in lean six sigma is an asset.
· Sound knowledge of electronic components and EMS services strongly preferred.
· Experience in a sheet metal manufacturing industry is an asset.
· Able to read and comprehend technical drawings and components datasheets.
· Knowledge of Expandable (or other MRP/ERP systems).
· Proven track record of success in a high-pressure, fast-passed manufacturing environment.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated leadership, presentation and resource allocation skills.
· Experience in tier-1 automotive is an asset.
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more roles, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.