A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Quality Manager with strong lean manufacturing experience in Woodbridge, ON.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, they will be responsible for internal and external quality control; root cause analysis of nonconforming products and implementation of suitable corrective action; technical support for manufacturing processes; support in the review and approval of supplier’s and verification / inspection of new product, as required.
- Verify product quality through audit and support the manufacturing operation.
- Liaise with customers with respect to ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Quality planning (control plans, inspection instructions, etc) for products / processes
- Support Manufacturing through training in required inspection activities and facilitation of the corrective action process
- Verification of Process Control i.e.: SPC, First Run Capabilities, Machine Capabilities, Gauge R&R's
- Preparation of ongoing product Capability Studies for products with critical / significant characteristics
- Manage nonconforming product through generation of NMR, containment/inspection of n/c product, as required
- Perform regular product/process verification audits - Layered Audits - to assess quality process effectiveness.
- Support the review of supplier documentation in cooperation with other Quality team members
- Generate quality performance reports as required.
- Review programs for continuous improvement
- Root cause all verbal and written customer concerns
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Management
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Quality Manager/Senior Quality Engineer from a tier-1 automotive manufacturing environment an asset
- University degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Certification in lean six sigma an asset
- ASQ certification as CQE or CQM is a preferred requirement
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement
- Good communicator and team player
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the engineering & manufacturing space across Canada. For a listing of more jobs, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.