A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Industrial Electrician in the GTA. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this person is responsible for providing overall electrical support to our plant operations, production, manufacturing and building electrical systems to ensure continuous operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for the wiring of electrical equipment in the execution of the project according to contractual terms and customer specifications. The candidate will be also be responsible for determining the resources required for the project and requests the resources from the appropriate functional manager.
- Read, interpret and follow drawings, schematics, diagrams, specifications, or reports.
- Physical assembly and wiring of industrial control panels.
- Inspect wiring installations, assemblies, and circuits.
- Adjusting and repairing electrical equipment when necessary.
- Plan and oversee testing and calibration of electrical and electronic equipment and tools on a scheduled basis.
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to drawings, or schematics specifications, using instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauges.
- Modify existing equipment in order to improve performance.
- Designing and build various control panels as required in compliance with the Ontario Electrical Code.
- Work with computers, AC/DC drives, HMI’s and PLC’s.
- Follows any safety regulations necessary and wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by manager.
- The position is subject to shift/weekend work and availability for on call in emergency.
- Overtime as required.
- Must be a Licensed 442A Industrial Electrician.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with window and door manufacturing equipment (LiSEC, Forel, 3 axis CNC, Vinyl Welding/Trimming) an asset.
- Ability to use small hand tools and have eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings and technical documentation.
- Experience with wiring systems; panels; etc.
- Demonstrate practical problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures such as guarding and lock-out/tag-out.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working at heights using various man lifts and access equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate a forklift is an asset.
- Experience with welding an asset.
- Versatility and a willingness to work within changing priorities and parameters
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge/experience an asset
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the building materials industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #jpr #jprecruitment #buildingmaterials #skilledtrades #manufacturingjobs #engineeringjobs