A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Millwright in the GTA. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this person will be responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of a variety of industrial equipment to ensure ongoing usage, minimize downtime and maximize cost effective operations, in a multi-shift environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, capable of achieving goals with minimal supervision and be committed to continuous improvement of the facility, equipment and processes. The Millwright should continually contribute to the profitability of the company and ongoing business operations by initiating, recommending and implementing continuous improvement strategies and initiatives.
- Provide trouble shooting, repair and technical support services as required.
- Read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures and fully understand of how equipment operates for quick fixing.
- Perform full diagnostics on equipment and advise Purchasing Department of parts required to perform necessary Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Adhere to and follow all safety regulations and codes while working and assembling, with or without direct supervision.
- Perform preventative maintenance, safety inspections, and maintain a log book.
- Recommending changes, modifications or upgrades of equipment to improve machine reliability and performance.
- Support weekly production requirements.
- Complete understanding and knowledge of lock out, fall protection and confined spaces procedures.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisors and Managers.
- Overtime as required, 24 hour on call.
- Licensed Millwright with minimum 2-3 years of Millwright experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong Mechanical & Electrical aptitude with hands on background in machine assembly, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting.
- Previous involvement in developing and implementing Preventative Maintenance programs
- Familiarity with window and door manufacturing equipment (LiSEC, Forel, 3 axis CNC, Vinyl Welding/Trimming)
- High level of expertise in using power and hand tools such as saws, grinders, welders, and other machine shop tools.
- Ability to meet individual performance goals, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings and technical documentation.
- Demonstrate practical problem solving ability.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures such as guarding and lock-out/tag-out.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working at heights using various man lifts and access equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate a forklift is an asset.
- Experience with electrical an asset.
- Experience with welding an asset.
- Versatility and a willingness to work within changing priorities and parameters
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge/experience an asset
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the building materials industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #jpr #jprecruitment #buildingmaterials #skilledtrades #manufacturingjobs #engineeringjobs