Supply Chain Manager
A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Supply Chain Manager in the GTA. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the SCM is responsible for supply chain activities, including demand planning, forecasting and procurement, activities all to ensure optimal inventory. He/she works to reduce inventory costs while meeting or exceeding the expectations of both internal and external customers. He/she optimizes replenishment and manages inventory budget constraints, such as warehouse space and company’s cash flow. He/she maintains the integrity for databases of purchases and inventory. The SC Manager will have in depth knowledge of working with ERP systems including MRP and production modules. The position works to coach and mentor his/her team, value the individuals and ensure their development. He/she performs other related duties as requested by his immediate supervisor, all in accordance with internal procedures and rules.
Employee Management 15 %
- Set expectations and communicates them to his employees.
- Manages the daily performance gives positive feedback if deserved and realigns when necessary.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations.
- Approves holidays and absences of employees that are directly under his responsibility.
- Ensure transmission and fluidity of communications within his team.
- Ensure proper training and development of his employees.
- Ensures the recruitment of employees under his responsibility.
Procurement 60 %
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the supply chain activities.
- Analyse the supply and delivery systems to assess the present and future availability.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with suppliers.
- Meet regularly with the marketing department, in order to identify and liquidate slow moving inventory.
- Meet regularly with the quality control department to ensure the quality of ordered products.
- Negotiate contracts and rates with shipping lines, freight forwarders, customs house brokers, warehouse managers and related third-party logical service providers.
- Ensure that appropriate import and export compliance procedures are followed by employees and contracted service providers.
- Familiar with Customs and Border Protection practices.
- Ensure that designated freight forwarders and customs house brokers follow established processes and procedures.
Planning & Analysis 5 %
- Develop and maintain various supply chain plans and strategies.
- Coordinate and oversee manufacturing operations in order to forecast orders and meet customer demands.
- Execute demand flow verification processes, engage in short- and long-term planning and conduct inventory analyses for warehouse utilization and manufacturing coordination.
Inventory Control 20 %
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly reports to provide stakeholders with actionable data and insights regarding current stock levels by category and location.
- Support growth objectives through the development of concise metrics and reporting functions.
- Responsible for conducting risk assessments on things like product perishability, supply trends, demand factors and at-risk product mitigation.
- Reduce product obsolescence through inventory reviews and re-balancing efforts.
- Maintain a total cost perspective with a lean manufacturing mindset.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude in work, exercising calm and being stress resistant in more difficult situations.
- Demonstrate a good sense of planning and organization.
- Demonstrate strong ability to adapt, to lead and show initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in supply chain in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of demand planning, forecasting and supply.
- APICS certification (CPSM, CPIM, and CSCP) would be an asset.
- Experience with ERP (SAP by Design) programs or similar systems.
- Experience with MRP and production systems (material resource planning).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of French. (mandarin would an asset).
- Good knowledge of the tire and wheel industry, as well as seasonal products, would be an asset.
- Have valid travel documents (passport).
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the building materials industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #jpr #jprecruitment #buildingmaterials #scmroles #supplychainjobs