A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer in the GTA. The Manufacturing Engineer will report to the Production Manager and is responsible for providing technical assistance and engineering support to the manufacturing group. This includes optimization of processes and procedures, performing engineering studies on new products/processes, validation efforts, performing root cause analysis, equipment design, capital expense purchases, and hands on troubleshooting. The position will interface with multiple departments including quality, innovation, product design, production and sales.
· Responsible for design, development, validation & implementation of manufacturing processes.
· Create & manage process documentation & operating instruction
· Develop & implement metrics to monitor & improve processes
· Create, configure & develop manufacturing processes
· Appraise, measure & analyze processes
· Design layout of equipment / workspaces to achieve O.E.
· Design, install, troubleshoot, recommend
· Develop standardized product line criteria
· Design workflow processes to meet throughput demand forecasted
· Establish & maintain 5S
· Establish an effective & efficient work sequence to produce product
· Perform engineering calculation & analysis in order to size equipment
· Provide technical expertise & support related to manufacturing
· Evaluate & improve existing manufacturing processes & work flows
· Technology methods, techniques, human practices of how to build our products
· Evaluate production processes to measure productivity & investigate new methods of enhancing products
· Reduce costs & time to build products & pack products
· Continuously improve the process to produce consistent quality
· Improve the process to reduce labor & improve efficiency
· Improve system DATA for manufacturing process
· Improve process to optimize material usage and reduce scrap (waste & downtime)
· Analyze capital expenditure & project designs to minimize costs
· Maintain an updated outlook on all business costs & deliver a Quality Report
· Determine Failure Root Causes using data evidence & recommend changes in design tolerances or processing methods
· Develop new equipment solutions for existing manufacturing problems
· Use variance reporting
· Manage costs & time constraints
· Assist in the analysis of manufacturing variances
· Manufacturing efficiencies, time studies, labor reporting, bottleneck identification, utilization rates
· Develop & monitor performance metrics, record data
· Design & plan BOM, budget, routings, project manage time builds
· Support design engineering for manufacturing parts from R&D
· Knowledge of product design & assembly for manufacturing process
· Estimate costs, production times, equipment / tools & staffing requirements for new products
· Introduction of new products into the manufacturing environment
· Provide process documents & operating instructions
· Management of documentation data; such as editing, version control, archiving, library security, & communication of all product information.
· 10yr+ Manufacturing process engineering experience
· 10yr+ Product experience in Machining, Fabrication, Electrical and Electronics
· Mechanical Engineering experience
· Process/Manufacturing Engineering Certified (preferred)
· Supervisory/Management experience/trained (preferred)
· Is capable of upholding the company’s values of honesty, humility, excellence, passion, innovation, customer focus, result oriented and respect.
· Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with good writing skills (Spoken and Written English).
· Ability to treat colleagues and team with dignity and respect and influence a culture of teamwork and willing to share knowledge & skills, should be capable of working well in a team.
· Able to demonstrate a logical problem solving approach, by taking into account all relevant facts and provide a solution
· Is capable of meeting targets for individual business goals as per given deadlines and able to identify ways of getting better
· Has the ability to influence others with a positive winning attitude and also responds to supervision positively.
· Ability to work within a mandate and with minimum supervision.
· Understands small company environment and is not afraid to “pitch in” to get things done.
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the building materials industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #jpr #jprecruitment #buildingmaterials #manufacturingengineer #manufacturingjobs #engineeringjobs