A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Maintenance Manager in the GTA. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager will develop the site Total Preventive Maintenance (TPM) Program, based on criticality of the equipment, according to manufacturer specifications and production needs of the Plant. Person then plans and coordinates the program through a CMMS, in a safe and timely manner. Develops a maintenance spare part inventory control system for all equipment and instrumentation spare parts. Interfaces with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to develop and administer recommended spare parts list for each piece of equipment within manufacturing and the facilities. Develops and maintains spare parts program, including delivery tracking, storage and replenishment. Works with area group managers to determine and train best practices for autonomous maintenance program for operators to reduce risk of equipment breakdown through inspections programs for early defect detection. Working with trades team, able to troubleshoots mechanical and electrical failures to root cause and determine sustainable countermeasure to prevent reoccurrence.
- Establish standardized forms for PM procedures, and use maintenance protocols and failure analysis methodologies to establish optimal frequencies of preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Establish in coordination with the team, the necessary KPI's to monitor the effectiveness of the Preventive Maintenance Program (eg. MTBF, MTTR, etc)
- Monitor plant-wide planned production schedules, backlogs, completion rates, and report results by analyzing different KPI's
- Conduct advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, asset reliability, budget development, and cost analysis to determine project feasibility.
- Solicit quotes from vendors/contractors when necessary for different projects and schedule maintenance with original equipment manufacturers (OEM) or third-parties.
- Develops a thorough, documented understanding of how the machine functions from both a mechanical and electrical perspective to permit swift and effective troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Supports maintenance operational needs in troubleshooting equipment or systems.
- Perform failure modes and effects analysis on machinery. Perform analyses of assets including utilization, overall equipment effectiveness, remaining useful life, and other parameters to define condition, reliability, and costs.
- Communicates any gaps within either PM’s event or spare parts inventory control to the maintenance manager.
- Ensures work performed by outside service providers is timely, effective and at a controlled cost.
- Develops and maintains spare parts program.
- Plans Facility Shutdowns ensuring alignment of outside vendors and spare parts.
- Develops TPM program, including SMP’S, troubleshooting guides, Inspection programs.
- Covers area of responsibility for maintenance during vacation and sick time.
- Willing to be available off-hours to provide assistance in troubleshooting machine or facility issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred.
- Preferably combination of 5 years of technical experience.
- Experience implementing and evaluating contracted work of outside maintenance service providers, suppliers and maintaining successful partnerships.
- Position requires an understanding and experience with FIX PM modules generation, and modification and the development of spare part inventory control.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Practical, relevant and significant related experience in the manufacturing industry with wide exposure to manufacturing processes and equipment desired.
- Reliability Engineering Knowledge (Certification Preferred)
- Able to work well in a team-oriented environment; critical thinking and problem solving, results oriented, decision making, team building, able and willing to support peers.
- Able to organize, prioritize, and successfully repair, calibrate instruments and complete multiple projects, tasks, and issues in a timely manner.
- Functions independently in periods of supervision’s absence.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and developing PM’s and spare part control for manufacturing equipment and facility equipment.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English language.
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the building materials industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #jpr #jprecruitment #buildingmaterials #maintenancemanager #manufacturingjobs #engineeringjobs