A market leader in the industrial manufacturing industry is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager with strong lean manufacturing experience in the KWC area. Reporting to the Vice President, the QA Manager is responsible for being the site management representative of the Company Quality Program providing direction and leadership regarding quality related activities. The individual will set work objectives and priorities associated with continuous improvement of the product and process quality.
- Define and implement the Quality Strategy for the business.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with highest ethical standards and in compliance with company code of business conduct.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety rules and procedures.
- Comply/update/maintain all company Policies / Procedures / Instructions as per the Quality Systems.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed in accordance with the Company Confidentiality Policy.
- Lead or Participate in Continual Improvement Activities Specific Responsibilities
- Develop and administer a plan for the preparation, implementation and maintenance of the Quality Program, in accordance with the applicable Quality Program Standard and the goals and objectives of the Company.
- Drive a Lean Manufacturing culture
- Create and maintain metrics that track our continuous improvement and journey to world class quality.
- Coordinate training of Plant personnel in the application of the Quality Program.
- Implement program specific quality strategies that meet or exceed the requirements of our customers. Present our progress at customer program review meetings.
- Investigate product / process quality and development issues and develop and initiate preventative and corrective actions.
- Define Quality Assurance manpower and staffing requirements, including defining the responsibilities and performance criteria associated with meeting the goals and objectives of the Quality Program.
- Accountable for the health and safety of employees under his / her supervision by; ensuring that machinery and equipment are safe, making sure that employees work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures and providing adequate training for employees in specific work tasks to help reduce or eliminate the risk of workplace injuries.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of Quality Assurance staff in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
· Responsible for TSSA, ASME, customer & 3rd party inspections and audits.
- Prepare and administer an operating budget for the Quality Assurance Department in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Maintain good relationships with all functional groups and locations within the Company by promoting and participating in functional and multi-functional teams.
- Maintain good relationships and liaison with external customers and suppliers on Quality related matters.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in engineering or metal science. Business training an asset. 5-7 years experience in a Quality Assurance environment, and at least 3 years in a management role, in industrial fabrication and/or assembly, related to ASME pressure vessels.
- Prior experience as an inspector in the fabrication of structural steel and pressure vessels.
- Preferred candidates possess certifications in CGSB NDT level II, and CWB level II.
- Detailed application knowledge of A.S.M.E. boiler and pressure vessel Code Sec. VIII, Div. 1.
- Experience implementing advanced manufacturing QA concepts such as Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, and 5S.
· Addressing and closing all NCR’s and RGA’s.
- Ability to lead, develop and coach a team. Applies a hands-on management approach that encourages change and creative problem-solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, motivational and time management skills with strong customer service orientation.
- Computer skills, including Excel, Word, MS Project, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and ERP manufacturing control software.
- Dynamic, positive team player with the drive and the desire to make a real difference.
- Ability to hold employees accountable for working safely, and providing a safe work environment.
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the engineering & manufacturing space across Canada. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #qualityjobs #qamanager #qualitymanagement #pressurevessels #qualitymanager #careers #jpr #jprecruitment