A growing market leader in the tier-1 automotive industry is looking for a CAD Technician in the London-St.Thomas-Tillsonburg area. Under the direction of the Project Manager, the CAD Technician will be responsible for all, but not limited to, of the below responsibilities.
- Completion of basic design drawings, quantity calculations and as-built drawings for various types of utility projects using various software packages (e.g. AutoCAD, CATIA, SolidWorks) with the support of leadership.
- Collaborating with Designers to ensure accuracy of drawings.
- Working with internal stakeholders and customers to understand the full scope of the drawing.
- Liaises with designers and field staff to problem solve.
- Minimum of one year of AutoCAD drafting experience.
- Strong proficiency with AutoCAD software and experience customizing AutoCAD, scripts, tools and Menu’s.
- Strong proficiency in SolidWorks and CATIA
- Basic understanding of the automotive industry is considered an asset.
- Proficient with the use of computers and software, including MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Good understanding of how to read engineering drawings and site plans.
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level roles in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #cadtechnician #automotivejobs #manufacturingjobs #jprecruitment