A market leader in the manufacturing industry that serves the municipal, industrial, environmental, and recreation sectors is looking for a Mechanical Designer in Brantford, ON. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with competitive compensation for the right individual. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, some of the role includes but not limited to:
- Utilize 2D and 3D CAD software to effectively produce prototypes and designs.
- Make sketches, graphs and other work as required.
- Maintain drawing files, ECO records, and produce ECO's and documentation as required to serve internal and external customers.
- Assist Marketing, Customer Service, and Technical Services as needed.
- Assist with cost reduction program and production improvement program as required.
- Continually improve your knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Enclosures and mounting brackets
- Cord overmoulds
- Design for machining, injection molding and castings.
- QAP and departmental policies and procedures
- Statistical methods.
- Assist in supervising engineering personnel as directed
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Mechanical Technologist Diploma with at least 2 years of experience
- Project Management Experience
- Experience developing drawings in Creo would be an asset
- High level of initiative with a pro-active approach to work assignments and opportunities
- Ability to multi-task and be organized, especially under the stress of deadlines
- Desire to work within a team environment.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment an asset
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level technical positions in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more roles, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #mechanicaldesigner #mechanicaljobs #engineeringjobs #brantfordjobs #jpr #jprecruitment