Payroll & Benefits Specialist
A market leader in the tier-1 automotive sector is looking for a Payroll & Benefits Specialist in the Tillsonburg-St.Thomas area. The position will provide support to the Human Resources Generalist and Department by compiling, maintaining and processing information relating to all Payroll, Benefits and other Human Resources functions.
- Personal Skills
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Attention to detail
- Accountability & Dependability
- Ethics & Integrity
- Good communication skills, Good judgement and problem solving
- Excellent numeracy
- Familiar with payroll processes & procedures, Plex and computer skills
Payroll and benefits:
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, pension and insurance from time sheets (Temp Agencies) and other records.
- Enter data into computer files, or compute wages and deductions and post to payroll records.
- Compute pay according to company policy.
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Record changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each
- employee to update master payroll records.
- Liaison with ADP for programing and on-going surveillance
- Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Counsel and answer questions regarding company policies and government regulations related to payroll.
- Pro-rate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Prepare and issue pay cheques/ ROE/FRO/ Court deductions (other garnishments)
- Coordinate and maintain all benefits and payroll files and support to HRIS/ Plex system.
- Reconciliation of monthly Benefit/ Pension statements
- Ensure that all Benefits/ Pension related enquiries are rectified and proper data entry (monthly billing)
- Pension monthly payments
Pension/ Profit Sharing administration duties:
- Responsible for all year end reconciliation, other payroll reports (monthly/weekly/annually)
- Responsible for all employee files management and relevant records keeping
- ID badge records control
- Temporary employees timesheets
- Other relevant duties
- Post Secondary Training - Payroll / Benefits Program and Certification
- Computer efficiency skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, and data bases as required
- Five years experience or equivalent
- Company New Employee Orientation
- HRIS/Plex systems
- Working knowledge of employment regulations requirements , (ie. ESA, Human Rights, Privacy Act, etc.)
- All company HR and job related policies, procedures, and practices
- Excellent communication skills
- OHS Awareness Training relevant to job competencies
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level positions in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more roles, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #payrolljobs #automotivejobs #jpr #jprecruitment