Distribution Center Manager
A market leader in the building materials industry is looking for a Distribution Center Manager in Mount Forest, ON. Under the supervision of the Vice President, the Distribution Center Manager (DCM) is responsible of managing the Distribution Center (DC), including the warehouse and yard activities and operations (warehousing, distribution and transportation of inventory) as per the company policies and procedures in a cost-effective manner to ensure maximum productivity and profitability in harmony with the organization philosophy and practices. The DCM is also responsible for promoting sales efforts and distribution opportunities for the company and independent members, managing budgets, monitoring compliance to the company policies and rules and supervising operations staff to ensure maximum productivity at an efficient level.
I. Budget Management:
- Plan and coordinate DC finances, ensuring that all decisions are made and executed within established and, more particularly, manage expenses for transportation, inventory, labour and other general expenses pertaining to daily operations.
II. Warehouse Management:
- Manage warehouse operations to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency and quality service while maintaining strong and efficient relationships between customers, suppliers and employees.
III. Warehouse Procedures:
- Review and maintain current systems, policies and procedures in the DC operations, ensuring that the team effectively enforces company policies and procedures, in the perspective of maintain the DC at the leading edge of operational excellence.
IV. Warehouse Supervision and Training:
- Plan and coordinate the work, the training and the career management of the warehouse supervision and employees in a manner that maximizes efficiency and productivity while operating in a safe work environment.
- Maintain the integrity, efficiency and relevancy of the DC inventory with regards to volume, assortment, accuracy, condition and security as well as overseeing the product procurement process.
- College/University level education, specialized in administration or finance is a strong asset
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in the building material industry, with a minimum of 3 of those years in a managerial position with a P/L responsibility
- A relevant combination of formal education and practical experience may also be considered
- Specific knowledge of the building material industry is a strong asset Business to Business sales and purchasing experience is an asset
- Competency in Microsoft Office and general computer use is an asset
- Various Certifications: Forklift, Spill Clean-up, First-aid, TDG, WHMIS, Accident Investigation would be considered advantageous
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level positions in the building materials industry across Canada. For a listing of more roles, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #buildingmaterials #distributionmanager #distributionjobs #warehousemanager #jpr #jprecruitment