A market leader in the manufacturing sector is looking for a Buyer in the GTA. Reporting to the Director of Procurement, this role supports Engineering and Operations through the procurement of required goods and services; works closely with the Engineering and Operations groups to determine appropriate solutions.
- Research and source key suppliers based on price, quality, delivery, discount terms, service after sale, etc.
- Develop effective relationships with suppliers to facilitate business transactions.
- Process requisitions, issue purchase orders and enter into the system.
- Work closely with all departments to best determine the goods and services they will require, including making recommendations, researching new products and providing current information.
- Follow up to ensure vendor and materials performance was satisfactory.
- Establish and determine inventory levels to optimize inventory level/investment.
- Technical diploma or equivalent work experience in purchasing materials.
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in a supply chain management in manufacturing or related industry.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Inventory management, effective at building strong business relationships & a team player.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of MS Office Software with the ability to provide timely, accurate, and detailed reports to management when required.
JP Recruitment specialize in technical roles in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #buyerjobs #supplychain #procurement #manufacturingjobs #jpr #jprecruitment