A market leader in the custom metal fabrication industry is looking for an Engineering Manager in the GTA. They are dedicated to providing customers with a quality product in a timely fashion and are looking to expand! They have been offering our customers exceptional service since 1972. The machines have laser-punch and bending capacity for performing several different set-ups on one machine. The business does fitting, welding, spot-welding, pemming and work with aluminum, steel and stainless steel. They are a service orientated company and looking for a new team member. They are investing heavily in new machinery to improve quality and adapt to new customer demands. They want to invest in you!
Responsibilities & Requirements:
· Machinery knowledge on Lasers (laser/punch), Shears, Punches, Brake Presses and Welding procedures.
· Meeting with clients and offering technical solutions relating to the data received.
· Strong ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
· Project management skills, from quoting, sales and engineering through to completion. Coordinate with suppliers and/or customers on a regular base.
· Must have strong English written and oral communication skills. Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills.
· Promptly responding to customers inquiries and closing business opportunities.
· Strong interpersonal skills involving the ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
· Research and implement new products and technologies into the manufacturing environment.
· Strong understanding of materials, engineering theory and principles of design. Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
· IT knowledge and experience.
· Familiarity with hand and machine tools.
· Strong ability to use common measurement tools and techniques.
· Solidworks knowledge and experience required.
· Shop floor experience is a definite asset.
Keys to Hiring:
· Successful business development professional who will have the ability to bring in new customers.
· Proven track record of sales success and the ability to implement a sales process.
· Sourcing new business, to the initial cold-call, to the on-boarding of a new customer.
· Communicate with customers in an industry language they understand.
· Ability to interpret a customer's vision, sketch that vision and make them say WOW!
· Fluent in both imperial & metric measurement.
· Ability to read drawings.
· Experience in the sheet metal fabrication industry is a must!
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level careers in the engineering & manufacturing sector across Canada. For a listing of more technical jobs, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #jobs #careers #fabricationjobs #engineeringmanager #jpr #jprecruitment