A market leader in the window & door industry is looking for a Production Manager in the GTA. Efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets and ensure that the extrusions meets customer’s quality requirements. Key operating indicators will be driven to improve safety, quality, delivery, material costs and efficiency with the objective of continuing to reduce the average conversion costs for the entire product mix.
- Actively participate in the JH&SC and continue to improve the health and safety record of the production team.
- Coach and counsel production team on best methods to prepare employees with required job and safety training as well as work methods to improve employee motivation and hourly decision making/involvement.
- Lead material and labour cost reduction initiatives through the implementation of management routines and cross functional teams to drive the continuous improvement of the department KPI’s with respect to Safety, Quality (Scrap, Customer Returns), Delivery, Material Costs (Yield), Labour Efficiency, and Variable Costs
- Execute the production schedule and provide feedback as required to ensure that customer delivery dates are achieved, the Min/Max levels are maintained and that inventories of finished goods are kept at acceptable levels.
- Provide leadership to all direct and non-direct reports (i.e.: Shift Supervisors and hourly production) to attain production targets. Implement improvements in production methods, quality, housekeeping, equipment, operating efficiency and working conditions.
- Review and recommend changes to extrusion equipment and tooling to improve the manufacturing process.
- Work with the tooling and maintenance departments to improve product quality, extrusion speed, part weight optimization and the development of tooling/equipment priorities to reduce material and labour costs.
- Develop and implement a skills assessment program for team members and supervisors in order to implement cross training, skills development, and standardized work.
- Partner with the Quality Manager to insure the quality system is executed by the production team and accountability for customer quality is owned by the production team. Investigate, determine and implement corrective action for non-conformances to reduce customer quality issues and internal scrap.
- Actively participate in the R & D of new products and the launch of new programs and processes. Ensure that all equipment and material required for the launch process are identified and are available.
- Responsible for the purchasing and/or requisitioning of in-plant goods.
- Partners with Human Resources in personnel management systems including hiring, evaluation, promotion, discipline, attendance management, training etc.
- Act as Plant Manager backup.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in production management in a manufacturing environment
- Technical experience working with tooling and/or maintenance
- Experience in working with customers and account team.
- Clear understanding of LEAN manufacturing principles.
- University Degree in Engineering, Business, or Science.
- Or Equivalent technical education and/or work experience.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Highly Motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to lead a large team of diverse abilities.
- Experience with the extrusion or other plastic processes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Detailed understanding of manufacturing practices, labour planning, and inventory management practices.
JP Recruitment specialize in technical jobs in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a list of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca. #productionsupervisor #productionmanager #jobs #careers #jpr #jprecruitment