Controls & Instrumentation Engineer/Specialist
A market leader in the manufacturing industry is looking for a controls & instrumentation specialist.
The successful applicant must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, alter / modify and make installations to the facility’s electrical and instrumentation systems, in a professional and timely fashion, as required.
- Determines impact of work, communicates to department management and customers to schedule activities to reduce impact on production schedules.
- Work with users, other facility staff and vendors to provide electrical and instrumentation expertise and to evaluate the effectiveness of systems in order to ensure the safe, efficient and reliable operation of facilities and for continuous improvements.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, schematics or other specifications in order to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, adjust, repair, calibrate and install all types of electrical and instrumentation equipment having complex interlocking or inter-related circuits (i.e. Distributed Control Systems, PLC’s, controllers, electronic circuits, motors, or other transmission equipment).
- Installs, maintains and repairs facility lighting systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, alter / modify pneumatic control systems.
- Improvise acceptable temporary alterations to allow continued safe operations.
- Compile and maintain all information and documentation relevant to the position (Maintenance Work Orders, ESA Log Book, update drawings, files, records, manuals, etc.)
- Utilize standard electricians' hand tools, measuring and testing instruments.
- Ensure that all work is performed in full compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, established safety standards, specifications, regulations and codes.
- Works as a member of a team and/or individually to achieve all outcomes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Industrial Electrician and/or Construction and Maintenance Electrician License (309A or 442A Journeyperson) is an asset
- Apprenticeship or college diploma in instrumentation.
- At least five years experience in electrical instrumentation and control system maintenance.
- Experience in a large-scale manufacturing and/or continuous process environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and the environment.
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level positions right across Canada in the Engineering & Manufacturing industries. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #jobs #manufacturingjobs #careers #controls #instrumentationjobs #jpr #jprecruitment