Senior Electrical Designer
A market leader in the manufacturing industry that serves the municipal, industrial, environmental, and recreation sectors is looking for a Senior Electrical Designer in Brantford, ON. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with competitive compensation for the right individual. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, some of the role includes but not limited to:
- Generate complete electrical design package which includes detailed schematics, panel layouts and construction, bills of materials, field wiring, etc. based on customer requirements, company design standards and regulatory standards such as CSA and UL.
- Perform circuit protection and wire / cable size calculations.
- Create and verify bill of materials.
- Work with Engineering Team for continuous improvement of electrical design and wiring practices for safety, cost, and lead time improvements.
- Provide technical support to cross-functional departments including sales, service technicians, production, and quality assurance as needed.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of quality standards relative to electrical design and planning, engineering fundamentals, and principles.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Electrical Technologist Diploma with at least 5 years of experience in the design of Control Systems.
- Knowledge of CSA, UL, IEC and NEC Standards
- Project Management Experience
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with PLCs and HMI
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects while still maintaining accuracy.
- Must have excellent communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Must possess knowledge of Electrical Safety Code regulations for relevant jurisdiction
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications, CAD software, including Auto CAD
- Have 5yrs+ years of electrical engineering and design experience
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment an asset
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level technical positions in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more roles, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #electricaldesigner #electricaljobs #engineeringjobs #brantfordjobs #jpr #jprecruitment