Business Development Manager
A client in the industrial manufacturing sector is looking for a Business Development Manager to work from home. As an ideal candidate for this position, you will demonstrate a strong drive to identify, nurture and strengthen business development (BD) opportunities, collaborating with multiple services firms to facilitate BD and value creation with the company’s clients. You’re organized and driven, you have advanced interpersonal skills, and you’re technically adept, particularly in the manufacturing industry. Finally, you’re tailor-made to succeed in a lean, dynamic environment, and you’re excited by the prospect of playing an impactful role in a company poised for global growth and continuous improvement.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Identify, nurture and strengthen relationships with key prospective accounts.
- Pursue and convert pre-qualified leads.
- Uncover and understand clients’ business needs, and define account-specific sales strategies, positioning the company’s products and services as essential elements of client solutions.
- Identify and connect with key decision-makers and build executive sponsorship within accounts to drive solution sales.
- Demonstrate a passion for supporting, developing, and leading practical approaches to BD, in a collaborative and effective way.
- Possess strong leadership and effective communication skills to create buy-in and collaboration from all stakeholders both internal and external.
- Exude a strong technical acumen, professional business experience and high comfort level in participating in client facing business development activities.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including the Marketing and Operations teams to analyze customer feedback and refine product roadmaps.
- Create and maintain regular reports and analysis of sales activity using the company’s CRM.
- Coordinate internal resources to ensure that clients receive a superior level of support.
To succeed you’ll need:
- Significant experience, and a record of success, employing value-based sales principles including at least 3 years technology sales experience.
- A strong technical background, such as a degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The drive and energy to exceed sales targets, and the interpersonal savvy to foster and maintain long-term business relationships.
- A passion for product design and user experience, and ideally, some understanding of embedded system development.
- The ability to produce and present sales analytics reports and proposals to the company executives and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, and ideally other languages.
- A proactive customer approach.
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior roles in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #bdmanager #salesjobs #manufacturingjobs #jpr #jprecruitment