General Manager - Operations
Our client is a market leader and a trusted brand synonymous with excellence in quality & service. They are looking for a General Manager - Operations to lead the successful operation of the two manufacturing divisions. The incumbent is to provide direction and leadership in achieving operational objectives through planning and manufacturing performance, inventory control, quality assurance, budgeting and people management.
This new role will establish an important bridge between the day-to-day operations and the sales & marketing teams. Problem solving abilities and strong analytical skills will be needed to continually assess and drive process improvements. A customer focused outlook will ensure activities and processes add value to our overall customer experience. Proven leadership experience in dynamic environments and exceptional communication abilities will also be critical to the role.
Key Operations Deliverables:
- Employ principles of lean manufacturing and develop 6 sigma methodologies to promote and sustain a high level of productivity and continuous improvement throughout the workspace.
- Ensure performance to target in chemical blending, bottle filling, and packaging operations. Optimizing processes and managing production staff to meet flexible demand at prescribed efficiency goals.
- Provide leadership to the Purchasing and Production Planning teams to ensure robust supply chain management, timely raw material supply and development of strong vendor relationships.
- Use MRP tools to optimise manufacturing output and resource allocation in-line with inventory management targets.
- Implement processes using modern warehouse management tools to ensure safe and efficient flows of people and materials throughout the plant. Ensure optimal storage conditions and develop systems to maintain accurate inventory of raw materials and finished products.
- Manage all resource needs within operations to meet production demand. Develop team structures and ensure skills and labor requirements are met through the recruitment and management staff.
- Be people focussed in all areas of activity. Promote individual and team wellbeing, make systems and structures transparent and inclusive. Ensure opportunity for continuous personal development for all employees.
- Foster a culture of environmental responsibility in all areas of operations. Promote ecological awareness to increase efficiencies, minimise waste and eliminate adverse environmental impacts.
Quality & Safety
- Provide direction and oversight to Quality Assurance and Quality Control to meet quality targets and ensure compliance with required regulatory standards.
- Develop and maintain robust systems and processes in line with principles of an established Quality Management System such as ISO 9001.
- Ensure all areas of operations are compliant to chemical and hazardous materials storage and handling regulations.
- Provide leadership and foster a company-wide culture of best practice in Health and Safety. Promote values of personal wellbeing and develop structures and processes to mitigate risks to staff and the environment.
Experience, Key Attributes & Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years experience of manufacturing/operational environments.
- 5 years of management or leadership/supervisory experience in operations.
- High level of IT systems proficiency including working experience of WMS and MRP systems.
- Management experience in areas of regulatory compliance.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential, French is an asset.
JP Recruitment specializes in mid to senior level positions in the engineering & manufacturing sectors across Canada. For a listing of more roles, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #gmpositions #operations #manufacturingjobs #ottawajobs #generalmanager #jpr #jprecruitment