Our client is a market leader in the equipment manufacturing industry and is looking for a Mechanical Engineer in the GTA. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will assist in the design and manufacturing of industrial machinery. This position requires end to end participation in projects, which will often include visiting customer sites for installations, repairs, maintenance, and otherwise. As we have international customers, this may require international travel.
- Assist in preparation of sales proposals and contracts
- Prepare and follow Engineering Standards
- Be involved in preliminary design with conceptual ideas and design principles
- Based on the previously agreed-to preliminary design concepts, develop final solutions for various equipment manufactured by the company
- Ensure the designs comply with applicable safety standards
- Facilitate standardization of parts and machines across the entire product line in order to reduce costs and decrease product cycle times
- Perform necessary engineering calculations such as speeds, ratios, power consumption, stress analysis, bearing life and load calculations, thermodynamic calculations, as well as, others as they relate to the design of bakery machinery.
- Develop General Layouts of equipment being designed, with the intent to hand down the development work to junior personnel for completion.
- If necessary, be effective in completing the entire engineering cycle from concept to creation of detailed drawings and bill of materials
- Review work progress and monitor work performance for completion and accuracy of those projects that have been handed down to the junior personnel.
- Review drawings on their completion to ensure compliance with company standards and to minimize errors in implementation
- Assist in resolving any manufacturing problems
- Occasionally travel to customer’s site for sales meetings, site assessment or installation supervision
- Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
Core Competencies & Skills
- Effective technical, problem-solving, and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creativity and strong attention to detail
- Interpersonal and customer service
- Verbal and written communication
- Strong computer skills, specifically in AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, and MS office
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in 3D Parametric Modeling and 2D drawing
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Engineering Technician degree or higher
JP Recruitment specialize in technical roles in the engineering & manufacturing sectors across Canada. For a listing of more roles, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #mechanicalengineerjobs #manufacturingjobs #engineeringjobs #careers #jpr #jprecruitment