Our client is a market leader in the service industry and is looking for a Service Technician in the GTA. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the technician will receive in-house & manufacturer training on the company’s complete line of professional equipment.
The successful candidate will:
- Assess and repair equipment.
- Rebuild pumps and other components, using hand held tools, specialty tools, multi meter for electrical diagnostics (AC & DC).
- Perform repairs in shop and on-site at our customer’s location, with company supplied vehicle.
- Maintain steady relationships with customers while providing the highest levels of service and productivity by troubleshooting and resolving technical issues onsite and via phone and email
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with management, coworkers, and customers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assess opportunities to improve customer applications through equipment replacement
- Maintain complete, timely documentation, including field service reports, work orders, part orders, transfers and replenishments, time sheets, and others as defined by management
- Properly manage service van inventory to maximize first time call completion
- Responsible for proper and safe use, maintenance, and reporting of all company property. This includes service vans, trailers, tools, and equipment
- Represent the compay brands and promote company products by consistently presenting a professional image, both in personal appearance and condition of company equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 - 7 years experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing mechanical equipment
- Electrical, Electronics, Liquid Propane (LP) Engine & Hydraulic Systems experience is a plus
- Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics preferred
- Floor Care Maintenance experience is an asset
- Strong customer service mindset, problem solving, analytical, and verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-motivated individual who works well in a team atmosphere and independently
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Up to 90% travel in GTA with company-provided service van is required to support service activities
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level technical roles in the engineering & manufacturing sectors. For a list of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs.
#technicianjobs #engineeringjobs #careers #servicetechnician #jpr #jprecruitment