Technical Product Manager
Our client is looking of a Technical Product Manager to work remotely. The company is focused on improving manufacturing worldwide. Their products help manufacturers collect, interpret and take action on the data being generated in their plants and on their assembly lines, ultimately driving these companies to better manage their manufacturing operations, improve productivity, eliminate waste and increase profitability. From medical equipment and therapeutic devices to pharma packaging (COVID-19 Vaccines) to self-driving cars to sustainable tea, their technology affects real items being created in the world today.
The company thrives when their people thrive. This is a great opportunity for a Software Engineer ready to transition into a Technical Product Manager role. Using your technical expertise, you will be responsible for enabling the company’s platform to support manufacturing, you will understand current and future product needs, evolve the platform to meet those requirements, and integrate the platform with potential products into successful, quality experiences for users all while being passionate about API, integration, technical documentation and ultimately, lean manufacturing efficiencies.
The role encompasses four functions, namely:
- Product road mapping for company data platform, API, integrations and internal tooling
- New feature request management
- Documentation of APIs, internal tooling user guides and integration guides
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
Product Road Mapping
- Updating, maintaining, and strategizing the technical product roadmap
- Integrating practices of continuous improvement, always looking for ways to make it
more clear, more easily accessible, and more focused
- Collaborating with product and engineering teams to help move our products forward
New Feature Request Management
- Receiving, triaging, and understanding new product requests
- Communicate with key stakeholders on the progress of the request
- Conduct user tests to validate designs and product direction
Documentation of APIs and User Guides
- Write and maintain updated API documents for internal and external facing users
- Write and maintain internal tooling and 3rd party partner integration user guides
Communication with Internal and External Stakeholders
- Build on-going relationships with external stakeholders, i.e. integration partners and design partners (customers)
- Establish ongoing communication with internal stakeholders, i.e Marketing, Sales and Operations
- Experience with data platform, APIs, integration and technical documentation.
- Possess analytical and strategic thinking.
- Demonstrate enjoyment in engaging key stakeholders (i.e., customers, teammates,
company leaders, etc.) in discussions and a profound curiosity about product needs
- A team player who works well with technology and leads by example to ensure a
practical and timely resolution for user requests.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal).
- Self-motivated to develop a thorough understanding of the technology and
- Disciplined in documentation of open product issues and requirements.
- Demonstrates enjoyment of learning new skills and enjoys working with product
management best practices (user stories, interviews, documentation, etc.).
- Listens well for user needs; understands and interprets requirements well.
- Is not satisfied with the status quo and will always want to push forward.
- Enjoys working in a consensus-based environment where the team moves forward
- Possess previous supervisory experience and/or leading and growing teams.
Nice to have:
- Work experience in manufacturing operations is an asset
- An understanding of Operational Excellence and/or Lean Manufacturing is an asset
- Has been a software developer for data and analytics products
JP Recruitment specialize in mid to senior level technical careers in the engineering & manufacturing space across Canada. For a listing of more positions, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #productmanager #productjobs #softwareengineer #careers #jpr #jprecruitment