Our client is a market leader is focused on workplace design that transforms the way people work across the globe. They are looking for a MEP Engineer for their Toronto office. Reporting to the Director, this individual will provide leadership to a growing team and have the ability to help take the business to the next level.
- Be part of a team designing mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems from conceptual design through construction administration
- Perform building heating, cooling and ventilation calculations and HVAC load analysis for sizing mechanical HVAC systems
- Perform plumbing & drainage calculations for sizing plumbing & drainage systems
- Design the plant rooms and distribution (i.e. duct and hydronic piping systems)
- Size and select mechanical HVAC and plumbing equipment (i.e., air handlers, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, etc.)
- Participate in the preparation of contract documents detailing the mechanical system designs, and technical design briefs
- Coordinate work with architects, contractors, and equipment suppliers
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines delivering a holistic and outcome driven results on projects.
- Participate in in-house training and development for mechanical systems design, including advanced sustainability design related to building systems
We would be looking for you to have:
- Familiarity with applicable Canadian codes and standards.
- Passion for sustainability and some experience with Sustainable, Low Carbon, Net Zero and innovative strategies on projects
- Familiarity with energy modeling and computer modeling related to building physics.
- Understanding of passive design systems that influence mechanical requirements.
- Experience with engineering analysis and energy modeling including whole building energy analysis an asset
- Experience with load analysis software for calculations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- The ability to prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and apply organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment
- Good writing skills for internal and external purposes to communicate mechanical systems design concepts and strategies
- Confidence in presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-4 years of experience in the built environment
- Knowledge of building services and mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Engineer-in-training (EIT) on track to obtain Professional Engineering License in Canada
- LEED or other sustainability accreditation an asset
- Tangible experience with BIM and Revit MEP
JP Recruitment specializes in mid to senior level roles in the engineering & manufacturing space across Canada. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #mepjobs #engineeringjobs #mechanicalengineers #careers #jobs #jpr #jprecruitment