A market leader in the industrial engineering sector is looking for an Electrical Engineer in Aurora, ON. They’re forging a new kind of utility vehicle company by combining advanced electric drivetrains and integrated electronics with their current rugged vehicles to create the future of mining utility transportation. Their vision is to deliver advanced electric vehicles that enhance the daily operations of our users, eliminating the use of diesel fuel underground through the integration of clean technology. They are looking for the right candidate who is highly motivated to join their innovation and product development team.
- Working with software, systems, mechatronics engineers, and technologists, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for key milestones of electrical design works as we develop the new electric drive system.
- The incumbent will have an opportunity working with the latest electrical technologies in mining industries and applying innovative design to deliver high quality product.
- This position will provide the successful candidate with vast opportunities for personal growth and development. The incumbent will lead the effort of electric design for various products and ensure the safety, quality, and robustness of the product.
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone capable of working independently and seeking first-hand knowledge of how an eclectic vehicle is developed form ground up.
- Create electrical high voltage (300 VDC-800VDC) system design to full fill industry standards and product requirements, sourcing parts and components
- Design low voltage (24 VDC) power system, perform Worse-Case load analysis, and compatibility analysis between low voltage power system and electrical/electronic subcomponents
- Create high fidelity model of high and low voltage systems to study the high voltage bus and low voltage power network behaviour under certain conditions
- Produce high voltage and low voltage design schematics, calculations, components specification, assembly drawings, and BOM
- Apply best practices, and lessons learned to achieve a reliable design for electrical components, and interfaces
- Participate in filed issues investigation and root cause analysis, provide and implement solutions, use lessons learned to improve product reliability
- Develop and/or co-develop engineering test methods that sufficiently evaluate electrical prototypes and their respective performance
- Explore new technologies, collaborate with suppliers and academia to advance innovative design of electrical systems
- Bachelor or Master’s degree, or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering
- 2 to 5 years of experience in electrical systems, preferably in Automotive
- A self-starter, able to work diligently and independently
- Electrical/electronic system integration and interaction experience
- A complete understanding of BEV electrical systems and controls and low and high
- voltage vehicle systems experience
- Familiar with embedded controller architecture and embedded system communication protocols
- Working knowledge of power electronics, batteries, DC motors, and high voltage bus in BEV
- Working knowledge of over/under voltage and over current protection methods, equipotential bonding, and protection against electrical hazards
- High appetite in learning new vehicle-based technologies and development
- Familiar with CAD , modelling software , and simulation methods (Monte Carlo)
- Customer – centric mindset, care about safety, reliability, and performance of your work and those who use it
- Driven, curious, with a positive attitude and a can-do approach to problem solving
JP Recruitment specializes in mid to senior level positions in the engineering & manufacturing industries across Ontario. For a listing of more roles, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #engineeringjobs #manufacturingjobs #careers #jpr #jprecruitment