Our client is a market leader in the mining equipment industry and is looking for a Mechatronics Engineer in Aurora, ON. They’re forging a new kind of utility vehicle company by combining advanced electric drivetrains and integrated electronics with their rugged company vehicles to create the future of mining utility transportation. Their vision is to deliver advanced electric vehicles that enhance the daily operations of their users, eliminating the use of diesel fuel underground through the integration of clean technology.
- Working with electrical, systems, software engineers, and technologists, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for key milestones of advanced automotive technologies development .
- The incumbent will have an opportunity working with the latest technologies in mining industry and applying software/hardware development best practices to deliver high quality product.
- This position will provide the successful candidate with vast opportunities for personal growth and development. The incumbent will lead the effort of advanced technologies development for various products and ensure the quality and robustness of the products.
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone capable of working independently and seeking first-hand knowledge of how an eclectic vehicle is developed form ground up.
- Design and implement automotive technologies such as telematics , crash avoidance systems, data acquisition systems , advanced HMI specific to each product
- Support translation of high-level customer requirements into design specification, and design for compliance with industry standards
- Develop coding with hardware specific programming software, create software interfaces and support integration with other components
- Develop and/or co-develop test cases that sufficiently evaluate mechatronics prototypes and their respective performance, and vehicle level verification testing
- Develop and/or co-develop test bench systems for testing electric drive components
- Produce design calculations, assembly diagrams, sourcing parts and component, and creating BOM
- Participate in filed issues investigation and root cause analysis, provide, and implement software/hardware solutions, use lessons learned to improve product reliability
- Explore new technologies, collaborate with suppliers and academia to advance innovative design
- Bachelor or Master degree, or equivalent experience in Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering
- 2-3yrs of experience in mechatronic systems development, preferably in Automotive or Air & Space
- Strong understanding of Linux embedded systems, and scripting programming
- Familiar with embedded controller architecture and communication protocols
- SPI, and I2C
- Knowledge of CAN and LIN communication protocol and their application software tools
- Understanding of control theory, state machine , event driven programming
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience reading and debugging source code in C and Python
- Basic competency in ‘hands-on’ bench work such as wiring, soldering and using hand tools
- Customer – centric mindset, care about quality, and performance of your work and those who use it
- Driven, curious, with a positive attitude and a can-do approach to problem solving
- A self-starter, able to work diligently and independently
JP Recruitment specialize in technical positions in the engineering & manufacturing industry across Canada. For a listing of more careers, visit www.jprecruitment.ca/jobs. #jpr #mechatronics #engineeringjobs #mining #jprecruitment